Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Is Bing Better Than Google?

It’s nice to live in a world where we no longer have to fear being taken over by aliens.

Nope.

Today, the concern comes much closer with the war of the search engines.

Bing vs Google vs Yahoo – which one is better? Is Bing Better than Google?

My answer, who cares? As long as you get what you need when you go to the Web does it really matter where you got your information from?

However, if forced to take a side in this battle I would take up arms with Google for now, though that could change sometime in the future. I know, not much allegiance. But then that’s technology for you.

So what exactly makes Bing better than Google or Google better than Bing? Here are five answers I have come up with.

*** Say What? ***

When I was doing research for this article using Traffic Travis I received relevant possible keywords to use for Google, but Bing? We were singing the songs of Bing Crosby mostly.

Why does this matter?

It’s like a grandpa and grandchild. While the whipper snapper has great potential, the old geezer has far much more experience and familiarity with the world. Perhaps someday Bing will be as popular as Google, but for now that certainly isn’t the case.

*** Wonderful Wheel ***

To my knowledge, as of this writing, Bing doesn’t have Google’s new Wonder Wheel. I love this tool and use it daily, sometimes multiple times. While many still don’t know about Google’s new free tool, I sure do, and I love it.

After doing any search click the options tab and look down the list till your eye reads Wonder Wheel. That’s your stopping point. For a writer like myself, I am given lots of keywords to weave into my content which pleases Google and makes my writings more interesting to my live audience.

*** Speeding Webs ***

No, I’m not going to tell you something about pharmaceuticals here. What I will say is that Google’s new “caffeine” service allows it to classify and rank items much faster than ever before. Being able to get valuable content that you need in critical places where you can find it faster helps you to find exactly what you need on the Web instead of wasting your valuable time.

*** Old Stories ***

In days gone by people relied on the elderly of their clan to pass stories down to the next generation. That’s not so necessary anymore, and it is sad in a way. However, today search engines like Google provide high quality information that everyone needs and wants almost instantaneously.

I love Google’s simple search engine results. It’s the only search engine I know of that refuses to crowd itself with unwanted useless information in a hope to make a buck off the first page people search on. Perhaps Dogpile does the same, though it certainly is not as popular as the granddaddy Google.

So yes, Google still reigns supreme though certainly challenged by other up and coming relevant search engines like Bing. However instead of thinking of it as Bing better then Google or trying to compare Bing vs Google vs Yahoo.

I say stop worrying about what makes Bing better than Google or Google better than Yahoo.

Simply use the tools and decide which one you like. If you are like me you might find that one search engine is your primary, while you use the others to back up what you can’t find during searches of your primary.

What is your thought on the matter? Does it really matter? Is Bing better than Google?

No comments:

Post a Comment